Just like SEO, SMO has its own place in the world of digital marketing. As more and more people start shopping online, companies are fighting for digital space in order to capitalize on the opportunity. Since social media provides one of the biggest platforms to the companies to interact with their existing and potential customers, SMO techniques become all the more important.
What is Social Media Optimization?
Social Media Optimization can be referred to as the perfect match between social media and SEO. Since the importance of SEO is known to all marketers, SMO is an extension and provides you with the opportunity to interact with your customers over the social media and engage them to drive more traffic to your website. SMO is one of the most anticipated digital marketing methods at the moment with a great emphasis being laid on this method. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIN are providing opportunities to the business owners to reach more people using social media advertising and all this is a part of SMO only.
So, if you’re a business owner trying to optimize your online presence on the social media or a social marketing beginner who is eager to learn the tricks of the trade, sit back and go through these latest trends of SMO that will make sure that you stay on top of the social media.
- Improve your LinkedIN Company page: The biggest trend that recently caught a lot of rage is LinkedIN. If you’re a business owner or a manager, you must create a page for your company on LinkedIN and post important press releases, product announcements and industry insights in order to create a reputation amongst the industry experts. Also, ensure that all the employees of your company have their LinkedIN profiles updated and have added your company as their place of work. Such organized and authentic information on LinkedIn will give you a professional boost and you might even end up getting recommendations from industry veterans that will help your business grow.
- Facebook Marketing: Just as LinkedIN is for making industry contacts and creating a space for your company, Face book is for engaging with your customers and potential customers. Being the largest social media platform, Facebook gives you a huge opportunity to target the niche population of your business. Using Face book marketing tools, you can easily target the type of people who use your services and reach out to them. Also, ensure that your Facebook page is always updated with the latest happenings in your firm and that you regularly interact with your customers in order to create a bond with them and make them loyal to your firm.
- Twitter Marketing: Twitter is another hot trend that needs your attention. Twitter marketing is a great way to engage with both industry experts and customers as twitter is filled with both of them. Research on the keywords that are relevant to your business and create unique and informative hashtags to connect with the crowd. Also, take advantage of the already trending hash tags and promote your business on this platform.
- Engage with others: Social Media is not just about sharing, it is also about receiving. So, don’t just share your content and engage with people based on that. Instead, make sure that you comment, like and share other’s content too and appreciate them if they post something of value. In this way, you can build relationships and even get more back links to your website as these people start sharing and liking your content.
- Content: As with SEO, SMO also depends upon content. So, when it comes to actively engaging with your audience, make sure that the content you create has some value and is interesting. Without good quality content, even the above mentioned strategies will fail. So, create valuable content for your audience and keep them hungry for more as you slowly build up on your social media reach and slowly turn it to sales leads.
All these mentioned trends and services can be either done yourself or you might seek the help of an expert. SMO Services in USA is quite prevalent and you can easily seek out a professional that can handle you optimization process and help you grow. However, if you’re a seasoned marketer yourself, then use these tips and start building on a successful SMO campaign for your firm.